A healthy breakfast combines good carbs and fiber with some protein, it gives your body the nutrients it needs to get your metabolism working for the day.
Here are 3 simple recipies to start your morning off:
Ingredients (1 serve)
1 cup water
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
A splash of fresh milk (optional)
- Get out a saucepan and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the water to boil.
- When the water comes to a full boil, pour in the oats.
- Stir occasionally and cook for 1 minute. The oats will thicken up as they sit.
- Ladle the oats into a bowl and top with your favorite fixings. I always top my oats with some raisins, berries, coconut, flax seeds, peanut butter, chia seeds. Yum!
By the way, leftover oatmeal can be refrigerated for up to a week. I usually make a large amount of oatmeal on the weekend and store it in the fridge for a week.
Peanut Butter Toasts + Fresh fruit
Whole grain bread
- Toast bread to your liking.
- Spread peanut butter on toast.
- Cut banana into thin slices and place them side-by-side on the toast.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Eat toast with seasonal fruit on a side.
* Make sure it contains just peanuts and nothing else – or, at the very worst, small quantities of added salt.
Banana omelette + Fresh fruit + Toast
- Mash banana very well.
- Add eggs and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cook like an omelette.
- Drizzle honey over the omelette.
- Eat omelette with a toast and some seasonal fruit on a side.In this case, my omelette was accompanied by a piece of homemade oats sponge cake instead :3